Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Artist!?

Sometimes I feel like a lot of different people and no, for those who are interested, not like Sybil! I'm wife, mother, daughter, friend, etc. The list seems endless and yet I'm trying to embrace a new title, artist. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. Everyone wants to know what that is, while I'm still learning myself. I think I've narrowed it down to textile artist, as evidenced in my blog title. But I still don't want that to limit me either. I have so many interests. I love to teach my craft and will go wherever that will lead me. Right now it's sewing but I have so many ideas it's hard to contain them all. Hopefully you'll want to follow along as I stretch my wings and see where they will take me. I'm sure there will be disappointments as well as joy and laughter. But goofs are opportunities in disguise and I've had a lot of opportunities! But they usually turn out better than the original.
This piece of fabric was layered with cut out fabric leaves, ribbon and yarn, sandwiched between wash away stabilizer and quilted with a long arm. I used clear monofilament thread. It could very easily by done on a home machine. Just remember to pin the layers ALL over before moving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment