Sunday, June 6, 2010

What a Beautiful Day!











The week has just zipped by after Memorial Day weekend. I was able to finish the elastic skirt and take it into the shop. The directions are written and I'll be adding a little twist to this class. A gore skirt with elastic waist, a plain elastic skirt without a ruffle, a skirt with a kick pleat and an example of a t-shirt with attached skirt will all be shown in class with the instructions. It's always nice to get a little extra info!
I spent Saturday at a wonderful quilt show in Charlotte and came away with a lot of ideas and, of course, bags of goodies. YLI was there with some of their threads and I found a wonderful thread called Brilliance, Metallic Luminous Thread, White. Hopefully this will work for my 4 season quilt on the white fabric to create the look of snow. That's been the sticking point. It might just jumpstart me on the project again.
We then spent Sunday spreading mulch and a little yard work. It's extremely hot and muggy today, which I certainly don't enjoy, but there was a nice breeze that helped. I grabbed my camera to take photos of some of our flowers. They are sooo beautiful and I decided to try shooting from the bottom up and am extremely pleased with the look.
Enjoy your day and keep stitching and creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment