Thursday, January 27, 2011

Acrylic Painting

I spent a lovely evening at the Mint Hill Arts listening to a lecture given by Nancy Cook. What she does with fabric, ink and quilting is truly art. She was so open and forthcoming about how she makes her art. She reminded me how much I really do like to paint. I'm still a fill-in-the-numbers kind of girl. I came across a fun little piece that I made. I used a design from Anita Goodesign and then painted with acrylic paints. There was a lot of trial and error, but I was pleased with the way it came out. After seeing Nancy's work, I see where I could have used quilting to suggest flow and motion and maybe made it look a little more artistic. It you get a chance to visit her website, I think you'll find it worth your time to see her pieces. I can honestly say that the photography doesn't do it justice. There is so much detail that it's phenomenal. http://www.nancygcook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment