Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Month of the Lists!


Silly me! I thought that January would slow down and maybe I could get caught up. I'm not sure if I should be happy that I'm busy or scared that I'm busy. LOL Oh well, I will start making lists and see how much sleep I'll be getting. The good news is that I have finished binding my Christmas quilt that I started many years ago. It was my second quilt class ever and I had a blast learning why a 1/4" seam allowance is soooo important. My friend Gene helped me pick out some of the fabrics from Mary Jo's in Gastonia, after I finished my blocks, we lost Gene and her husband to a drunk driver. It took me many years to get back to it, I wanted to be able to do a good job quilting it and needed time to work on my skills. I'm happy to say that it is truly finished and today I'm putting away all the left over fabric.
Today I'll continue working on samples for classes that I'm teaching and a few birthday cards and gifts for friends. My mom, Melody and myself with some of their friends are starting a 2011 Quilt Project Challenge to get some projects finished for this year! I'll be posting finished projects as I go.

1 comment: