Friday, January 14, 2011

Embroidery Club is here again!







Embroidery Club starts at Creative Sewing next month and two of the samples are done and in the shop. Here's a quick peek. February is going to offer The Patchfolio for an 8x11 pad with room on the left for papers, pens and a business card. It's a wonderful gift or place to keep papers from class and notes. I will also be offering directions for an ebook holder as an extra or alternative project. I just received a kindle for my birthday last year and love it! I honestly didn't know if I'd miss my 'real' books, but I have to admit that I like the size and weight of the kindle. It will make traveling soooo much easier this year. Last year for vacation I took a BUNCH of books and was stuck at O'Hare airport rearranging my luggage so that I wasn't over and had to pay extra. I ended up loading up my backpack and carrying extra thru the airport. Not fun at all. April will bring the Quilted Laptop Case. This was a wonderful project to practice free motion quilting. It's small enough that shouldn't prove too frustrating and I sure need the practice. I usually quilt with my mother's long arm. Moving the fabric instead of the machine proves to be very different. I will definitely need more practice. I honestly think this bag could be used for anything. I'm off to finish that last project, which will be a cutwork pillow. I found the cording for it today and will sew it up tomorrow.
Happy Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment